I'm an experienced Product Owner and System Engineer, specialised in KVM and audiovisual solutions. I have a solid background in audiovisual design, engineering and broadcast media. I'm security-aware and comfortable working in critical environments. As a former teacher of audiovisual technology, I can transfer technical content to any level. I am a strong communicator with a high degree of integrity.
Product Owner ATMS (Air Traffic Management Systems)
Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland, May 2020 — Present
- Applied the Agile methodology to ATMS teams.
- Oversaw product deployments from vision and creation to rollout and delivery.
- Liaised with product and development teams to help break down requirements.
- Owned and prioritized product backlog.
- Broke project into epics and implementable user stories.
- Allocated and approved team resource usage.
- Provided an active role in mitigating impediments.
- Managed stakeholder expectations.
- Prepared a variety of reports to inform the Management Team.
Senior Product Engineer ATMS (Air Traffic Management Systems)
Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland, April 2019 — Present
- Designed, delivered and maintained critical KVM infrastructure.
- Identified KVM hardware and related system issues.
- Performing troubleshooting techniques for remediation.
- Worked with industrial designers to conceptualize and refine product concepts.
- Communicated with vendors and key suppliers to select system components.
- Directed, mentored and monitored support engineers and maintenance personnel.
System Engineer sector MDC
Politie Nederland, 2017 – 2019
- Co-designed a nationwide streaming solution for camera feed distribution.
- Assisted in the local implementation of the (multicast) streaming solution.
- Assisted in the network design of the (multicast) streaming solution.
- Upgraded the IPTV system in use at the Maastricht Police Station.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Intronics, 2014 – 2019
- Managed the Benelux support team.
- Represented brands: IHSE, Adder, Raritan, Exterity, Epiphan, TV One, Atlona, Opticis.
- Implemented support workflows using Zendesk software.
- Created system designs and developed proof of concepts.
- Managed all product-related technical issues.
- Provided training and provided demos to system integrators and end-users.
- Maintained the test lab, including workstations, servers and network equipment.
Maurice Steenbergen Productions, 2007 - 2014
- Produced music, music videos, documentaries and corporate films.
- Created 100+ music videos for major labels: Universal, Sony, EMI, Warner Music and many independent labels: Kontor, Cloud9, Armada, CNR.
- Winner of the "Buma Award" for Best Music video (2011).
- Producer and Director of the "Oldschool Renegades" documentary (TopNotch/Universal Music) about the rise of the rave scene in the early '90s. Featuring The Prodigy, Moby, Franky Bones, Ya Kid K, Joey Beltram, and many others.
- Official selection for international film festivals: CPH:DOX, (Copenhagen), Beat Film Festival (Moscow), Planete Doc (Warsaw), Rokkumenti (Finland), Noordelijk Filmfestival (Groningen), ADE (Amsterdam).
Technical Support Engineer
Mafico, 2006 - 2007
- Responsible for all technical support for retailers and end-users.
- Tested defective equipment.
- Managed the RMA process.
- Managed external repair services.
- Beta tested new firmware and drivers.
- Demonstrated hardware and software at shops and trade shows.
- Represented brands: M-Audio, RØDE and Bryston.
Instructor of Audiovisual Technology
Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam, 2003 - 2006
- Responsible for developing and hosting both theoretical and practical lessons.
- Subjects included audio engineering, video post-production and DVD authoring.
- Software thaught: Digidesign Pro Tools, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Encore, Sony Soundforge.
TV/Radio Commercial Producer
Byteplanet.com, 2001 - 2003
- Responsible for the creation of radio and television commercials.
- Communicated with clients and the various media, including SBS6, RTL4, MTV, and TMF.
- Checked produced content for broadcast standards.
- Created broadcast masters utilizing Sony Digital Betacam and monitoring equipment.
- Evaluated the success rate of the commercials, optimizing them where needed.
- Planned commercials in cooperation with the media buyers and marketing department.
- Maintained the studio and computer systems (Windows, Silicon Graphics).
Art Editor PC Gamer Magazine
Future Publishing Ltd, 2000 - 2001
- Responsible for the graphic design of PC Gamer Magazine.
- Supported the design of Future Music Magazine.
- Managed the design department, including freelancers.
- Produced high-quality glossy magazines within deadline and budget.
- Performed administrative tasks.
- Communicated with the editors.
- MaintainedFuture Publishing's quality standards.
- Created and maintained internal design workflows.
- Maintened workstations, servers and network equipment (Mac, Windows).
Radio Show Producer
Veronica FM, 1999 - 2001
- Created a weekly radio show: "The Hitmix", hosted by Gijs Staverman.
- Responsible for music selection, mixing techniques and strategic placement of jingles.
- Delivered broadcast masters, accompanied by tracklists for the voice over session.
- Produced and mixed the annual Hitmix in 1999 and 2000.
Senior Creative Designer
Hollywood Music Hall, 1998 - 2000
- Responsible for all advertising and printed media.
- Designed flyers, magazines and merchandise.
- Maintained relationships with print shops and manufacturers of merchandise.
- Managed daily operations of the creative team.
- Trained interns.
- Assisted the event promotors and the management team.
- Created and maintained the website.
- Maintained workstations, servers and the local network.
Senior Creative Designer
Mid-town Records, 1993 - 1998
- Responsible for all media-related tasks of the holding and its companies.
- Managed the creative team.
- Trained interns.
- Designed CD and 12-inch covers, advertisements and merchandise.
- Produced music for the labels (Rotterdam Records, Jump Records).
- Edited and mastered audio CDs.
- Developed and created advertising campaigns for releases.
- Created radio and TV commercials for releases.
- Produced, directed and edited music videos.
- Operated camera equipment, editing workstations and animation computers.
- Checked finished content for broadcast standards.
- Maintained relationships with media outlets and magazines.
- Developed and maintained websites.
- Maintained the video studio and music recording studios.
Sijthoff Pers, 1991 - 1993
- Graphic design of newspapers and advertisements.
Licenses & Certifications
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO-1)
Scrum.org, August 2021
Atlassian Jira User Training
Valiantis, November 2020
Cyber Security in ATM (SEC-CYBER-INTRO)
Eurocontrol, October 2020
ATSEP Basic (Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel)
NATS, June 2020
iCAS (iTEC-based Centre Automation System)
Indra, December 2019
ATCFM Basic (NMO-ATFCM-BASIC)
Eurocontrol, August 2019
Inside ATM (GEN-ATM-INTRO)
Eurocontrol, August 2019
OSCP (completed course without certificate)
Offensive Security, 2018
Cyberwar, Surveillance and Security
University of Adelaide, 2016
SAE (School of Audio Engineering), 2002 - 2003
Rotterdamse Grafische School, 1989 - 1991
Ring van Putten, 1986 - 1989